Gauteng Liquor Board
Building Requirements to Apply for a Liquor License in Gauteng.
BEFORE you can apply for a Liquor License you must have your own, lease or rent a Business Premises, Shop, Store, Building, Premises or Outlet where you can sell the Liquor from.
PLEASE NOTE: You CAN NOT APPLY for a Liquor License on Residential Stands (at your house), a room, outside building or garage or any building NOT ZONED by the Local Municipality for the USE OF BUSINESS or SELLING LIQUOR.
How much is a liquor License?
While there is absolutely no definitive answer to the question: “How much does a Liquor Store or Bottle Store Liquor License Cost?”, we have endeavoured to give you an idea of some of the costs associated with obtaining, holding and maintaining a Liquor Store or Bottle Store License.
We need to visit the building / premises and will be able to give you a quote based on your application requirements. All applications differ in requirements.
Categories of licenses:
An applicant must apply for a shebeen licence to sell liquor in respect of one of four categories –
- shebeen license, on consumption.
- shebeen license, off consumption.
- Shebeen license, (sorghum beer) on consumption.
- shebeen license, (sorghum beer) off consumption.
We will compile the full application on your behalf, and ensure we follow procedure. You will be invited to be present on the day of submission. The relevant liquor authority will issue a stamped proof of submission, as proof that application is complete, procedure is followed, and application has been submitted.
Liquor License Consulting Fees will depend on numerous factors including: –
- The Location and the Value of your Liquor Store or Bottle Store License,
- Fees of the Region and / or Liquor Authority where your License must be Lodged.
- The amount of time it takes to Complete your Application
- Compiling and Collection of Supporting Documents Required, ie. 3D Layout of Store, Floor Plan, Motivation in Support of Application, Description of Premises etc. (If Needed)
AND ALSO: –
How Cooperative and Efficient you are in supplying us with the documents, Plans and Information that we require to Complete your Application, Ready for your Submission.
Our Fees Includes: –
- Telephone and Online Support,
- The numerous and varied disbursements that come with a liquor license, including National Liquor Authority and Provincial Liquor Board Application Fees, Lodgement Fees and Grant Fees,
- All Advertising, Photocopying, Printing and Couriering of Documents pertaining to your Liquor License Application,
- Answering of queries from Police Inspectors and the Liquor Board,
- AND, Finalization of your Liquor License Application.